Photos taken around Strawberry, CA

My parents bought their cabin at Strawberry in 1954. Some of my best memories took place at Strawberry.

When we were young, there were many kids around my age, including others from Davis.

My current header picture is Strawberry Meadow. This meadow was destroyed during the 70s by people driving on it. It was restored by a couple of 4-wheel drive clubs. It now looks a lot like it did when I was young.

Visit my Yolo County photo-blog @ http://viewsofyolocounty.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Introduction

My parents have had a cabin at Strawberry since 1954.  Some of my best memories growing up were there. 

Growing up their were many kids my age, including others from Davis with cabins close to ours.

My current header picture is Strawberry Meadow.  This meadow was destroyed   during the 70s by  people driving on it.  It was restored by a couple of 4-wheel drive clubs.  It now looks a lot like it did when I was young.

My brother Richard and I in the swimming hole in 1957.

My great uncle Arthur, me, my mother Nathalie and my brother Richard in April 1957

1 comment:

  1. Strawberry Meadow looks better than it did when I was young. The small stream that runs through the meadow in the spring had eroded a narrow channel 3 to 4’ deep at the lower end of the meadow by the time I remember it in the late 50’s and 60s’. When they restored the meadow the filled in the eroded stream bed and placed some 6”x6” timbers across the channel to calm the water and reduce the erosion. Blocking off the meadow all vehicle traffic was also a key to the restoration. I would assume you could still tent camp there, but no more trailers, cars or off road vehicles are allowed in the meadow.

    ReplyDelete